The SharePoint Developer will ensure classified and unclassified SharePoint portals are continuously operational, reviewed/tested/facilitated daily, fixes/minor adjustments completed within 24 hours of detection and major changes/adjustments completed within 30 days of notification. Portal support will include, at a minimum, # NIPR, # SIPR, # JWICS portals.
- Identify, promote, implement, and support SharePoint best practices.
- Possess advanced knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint.
- Recommends system solutions by comparing advantages and disadvantages of custom development and purchase alternatives.
- Participates in educational opportunities; reads professional publications; maintains personal networks.
- Mentors and assists team members and other peers who are less experienced or knowledgeable in a specific technology.
- Assist with other tasks as assigned.
SharePoint Development: Has extensive experience with the development and implementation of SharePoint 2016/2019 including:
- Integration of SharePoint with internal and external business systems supporting Cyber Protection Brigade missions.
- Determining design methodologies and tool sets.
- Integrating applications through the use of database architecture and server scripting.
- Defining SharePoint site objectives by analyzing user requirements; envisioning system features and functionality.
- Developing custom site functions, workflows, business processes and management.
- Designing and developing user interfaces to Internet/intranet applications by setting expectations and features priorities throughout development life cycle.
- Creating and managing sub sites, lists, and libraries that support an approved taxonomy and structure of data stored within the site collection.
- Completing applications development by coordinating requirements, schedules, and activities.
- Studying and establishing connectivity with network systems, search engines, and information servers.
- Creating multimedia applications using industry tools.
- Building understanding of communications and collaboration technologies within the organization through the creation of self-service options.
- Leads and direct others in the overall administration of a specialized platform or technology.
- Performs installation, configuration, and maintenance of technologies, software and solutions following established procedures and change control standards.
- Provides second-level support and assists with third-level support.
- Proactively identifies issues with site collection, storage quotas, and search configuration; provides remediation courses of action and implements approved required actions.
- Troubleshooting and managing resolution of operational problems for assigned software or hardware technologies.
- Contributes to team meetings; troubleshoots development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
- Researches new internet/intranet technologies and software product.
Content Management Solutions: Identify, develop, and promote content management solutions including:
- Implementing industry best practices that enhance list and document library content management requirements.
- Supporting users through the development of documentation and assistance tools.
- Creating site columns and content types to promote tagging and discoverability of content.