The Proposal Manager is responsible for the management of specific proposals and may provide direct management and oversight to the Proposal Team delivering high quality, technically competent, winning responses that include solutions for: management / technical, past performance and price (price-to-win) -- on time and in full compliance with Government requirements.
Responsible to coordinate with Capture Managers, Operations Team, Subject Matter Experts, Consultants and Management to design and execute a winning proposal strategy, overseeing the entire proposal development and proposal production process for multiple proposals each month. Provide strategies and coordinate resource allocation of staff and consultants to support on-going analytical and administrative tasks of the proposal development communications and processes.
Candidate must understand deadlines, assignments and objectives to:
- Lead the proposal development for assigned proposals; lead and actively participate in the proposal "color" review process.
- Compose key sections of proposals
- Lead and manage an ad hoc team of Millennium and subcontractor supplied people in the planning, preparation, and production of proposals or task order opportunities
- Ensure that all required resources are available as needed and that the proposal or task order is compliant and delivered on time
- Manage the relationships with the individual program management offices (PMOs) and subject matter experts (SMEs) as necessary to prepare proposal documents.
- Monitor online solicitation systems and distribute relevant solicitations as appropriate to partners and key subcontracts. Track interest and input from partners and key subcontractors.
- Participate, conduct and/or schedule meetings, as required, for key proposal or task order checkpoints/color reviews, and other meetings.
- Recommends revisions or changes in scope, format, and content in order to generate documents that that are easy to read and understandable.
- Provide writing, proofreading, and editing of all types of proposals in support of business development efforts, as needed.
- Edits draft and final text submitted by proposal team members to establish consistency of writing style throughout the proposal. Responsibilities vary depending upon proposal magnitude
- Works closely with graphic designers to conceptualize, develop, and integrate compelling proposal graphics that convey concepts and proposed solutions to enhance proposal documents
- Helps develop, incorporate and integrate win themes and discriminators into proposal documents
- Provides quality assurance checks to ensure that all document deliverables support the standards and procedures set forth in Company policies, procedures, and practices
- Maintain digital files for the Business Development Opportunities (SharePoint 2013, Microsoft Project etc.)
- Catalog and maintain the Past Performance and technical drawing library.