The STEM Coordinator will provide instructional support and collaborative coaching to JPEO AA PMs and Staff to help develop and refine their STEM requirements. The STEM coordinator will also serve as the advisor and collaborator with the local Educational Institutions ensuring we develop a viable pipeline of STEM educated resources to help the JPEO AA meet their current and emerging requirements.
- Provide comprehensive Coaching and Mentoring in STEM.
- Collaborate with PMs and provide specific strategies for refined STEM requirements.
- Provide professional development and materials to support PMs and Local Educational Institutions.
- Serve as a coach and mentor by providing expert advice on improving and enhancing organizations based on ongoing analysis.
- Cultivate a standards-based, data and results-oriented culture.
- Make recommendations on best practices for supporting STEM initiative across all organizations.
- Collaborate with local Educators and Administrators in determining appropriate resources and support for the STEM Program.
- Complete any additional duties as assigned by the Picatinny STEM Manager.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
- Strong records of helping students achieve academic success
- Significant experience with STEM related curriculums and the integration of the development of daily lesson planning and STEM Programs.
- Experience in analyzing data and using results to modify strategies.
- Knowledge of and experience with backwards designed curricular models and Understanding by Design.
- Significant experience with instructional best practices.
- Ability to model positive and healthy character traits and habits, such as being organized, consistent and understanding.
- Comfort and willingness to actively participate in local Educational Institutions.
- Unquestioned integrity and commitment to the JPEO AA mission and willingness to serve the JPEO AA community.
- Experience in professional development and leadership roles working with adults.
- Ability to plan, model, coach and provide feedback to individuals and teams to improve the STEM Program.