Provides technical/management leadership on major tasks or technology assignments. Establishes goals and plans that meet project objectives. Has domain and expert technical knowledge. Directs and controls activities for customer, having overall responsibility for financial management, methods, and staffing to ensure that technical requirements are met. Interactions involve customer negotiations and interfacing with senior management. Decision making, and domain knowledge may have a critical impact on overall project implementation. May supervise others
The focus of this support is for effective prioritization and management of Program work activities:
- Guide and advise Program Managers in successfully accomplishing program objectives via milestones and acquisition decision events.
- Apply knowledge of DODI 5000.75, SECNAVINST 5000.2E and Business Capability Lifecycle (BCL) to the development of program acquisition deliverables.
- Research and analysis of IT acquisition issues.
- Draft and finalize acquisition documentation to include such things as the Acquisition Strategy (AS); Cost Analysis Requirements Description (CARD); Acquisition Program Baseline (APB); Acquisition Decision enter and exit criteria, Problem Statements, etc.
- Program milestone/Authority to Proceed (ATP) schedule development to support, guide and advise Program Managers in successfully accomplishing program objectives via Milestones/ATPs/ Acquisition Decision events.