The Acquisition Specialist provides advice and assistance to program management supporting the Defense Threat Reduction Agency's (DTRA) Cooperative Biological Engagement Program (CBEP). The position is an opportunity that is best fit for a person with a positive attitude, a professional demeanor and appearance, and excellent verbal and written communication skills. The candidate must have a proven aptitude to learn new tasks and the flexibility to be assigned different roles and responsibilities.
The DTRA Cooperative Threat Reduction (CTR) program provides planning and operational support focused on preventing the proliferation and use weapons of mass destruction (chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear, and high explosives) and, should that fail, reducing the impact of their use.
- Serve as a matrixed staff team member and action officer, providing direct support to Government and contracted staff in all aspects of program/project management and acquisition planning and execution.
- Assist the Government and contracted staff in the preparation and finalization of documents, presentations, and reports; and support program/project management and acquisition-related tasks.
- Review, comment on, and develop or assist in the preparation of acquisition-related documents (such as SOWs and CDRLs) in accordance with relevant laws, regulations, and policies (for example, FAR).
- Assist in the development and revision of acquisition and project or program management documents; strategic plans and communication; project and program planning and analysis documents; and budgets.
- Assist with monitoring and management of projects and programs, including tracking contract expenditures/unliquidated obligations and contract closeout.
- Perform administrative coordination, financial planning and document coordination, as well as travel and event planning.
- Ability to travel of up to 25% OCONUS.