The Acquisition Contract Specialist will provide advice and assistance to program management supporting the Defense Threat Reduction Agency's (DTRA) Cooperative Biological Engagement Program (CBEP) contracts. The position is an opportunity that is best fit for a person with a positive attitude, a professional demeanor and appearance, and excellent verbal and written communication skills. The candidate must have a proven aptitude to learn new tasks and the flexibility to be assigned different roles and responsibilities.
The DTRA Cooperative Threat Reduction (CTR) program provides planning and operational support focused on preventing the proliferation and use weapons of mass destruction (chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear, and high explosives) and, should that fail, reducing the impact of their use. DTRA's main functions are threat reduction, threat control, security support, and technology development. The agency is headquartered in Fort Belvoir, Virginia and employs 2,000 civilian and military personnel. CTR programs are active around the world, including Russia and the Former Soviet Union countries, Africa, the Middle East, and Southeast Asia. BAH is the prime and Millennium is one of the subcontractors for the DTRA CTR Advisory and Assistance Services (A&AS) Contract.
The successful candidate will serve as a matrixed staff team member and action officer, providing direct support to Government and contracted staff in all aspects of program/project management and acquisition planning and execution; assist the Government and contracted staff in the preparation and finalization of documents, presentations, and reports; and support program/project management and acquisition-related tasks. Tasks may include:
- Review, comment on, and develop or assist in the preparation of acquisition-related documents (such as SOWs and CDRLs) in accordance with relevant laws, regulations, and policies (for example, FAR).
- Participate in vendor proposal evaluations.
- Monitor, track, and assist in the management of one or more of the DTRA CTR contracts being performed at various locations throughout the world.
- When tasked, produce and deliver-signature / publication-ready reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This position requires overseas travel (< 25%). All candidates must have a collateral Secret clearance.